What makes this contest so unique?
- Teams of three (3) students are asked to develop a public relations campaign for the all-new Honda CR-Z sport hybrid coupe. In the response to the request for proposal (RFP) from American Honda, teams will be encouraged to use a variety of media sources in their campaigns, including social media.
- The top ten (10) teams will receive a Honda CR-Z for six weeks during the fall semester to use to implement their proposed public relations campaign. Teams will also receive $150 VISA gift card to use for implementation-related expenses of their public relations campaign as well as a Flip Video camcorder to document or use for their activities.
- The top three (3) teams from the implementation period will be invited to Honda Headquarters in Torrance, CA to present a recap of their campaign to a panel of executives, PR industry leaders, and journalists.
- The first place team will be awarded the opportunity to visit Washington, DC or another exciting metropolitan city to attend a major product launch in April 2011. The team will have the opportunity to assist in the execution of the media event, interact with top automotive, lifestyle and consumer journalists and experience first hand how a vehicle is launched to the press.
- All top three (3) teams become "virtual interns" for Honda Public Relations for the spring semester, and will be asked to participate in various public relations activities for Honda, which may include:
- Virtually attending brainstorming and messaging sessions.
- Attending local auto shows or events to support product launch activities.
- Contributing material to the Honda media and/or consumer Website.
- Drafting and editing press materials.
Click here to download an excerpt from the RFP.
Participation is free of charge, so register today!